Head of Football Development
Charlie has worked with some of the finest young footballers during his 25 years in coaching. Coach Jackson has forged a fine reputation in coaching circles, due to his record of getting young players signed to Category 1 Academies. A number of these have gone on to sign professionally for clubs such as Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers, Preston North End, Liverpool, Everton, Burton Albion, Villarreal in La Liga, along with Real Salt Lake and New England Revolution in the MLS.
As well as heading up the Moorland Football Academy, a role that Charlie has held for 16 years, Charlie also runs his world-renowned Matrix Soccer Academy. The latter has earned plaudits on both sides of the Atlantic, as well as from the powers that be at UEFA and European giants AJAX of Amsterdam.
Coach Jackson has long been established as an innovative thinker in terms of British coaching. Consequently, Charlie has held coaching roles within the Academy setups of Blackburn Rovers, Manchester United and currently at Manchester City FC. As well as fulfilling his full-time role of leading the Moorland Football Academy programmes, Charlie is a development coach for the East Lancashire Development Centre for Manchester City, held here at Moorland School.
Charlie also gained his international honours by accepting the invitation to join the Scottish FA setup, by way of becoming a development coach for the Scottish FA Regional Centre, again held at Moorland’s training facilities. The was the only centre outside of Scotland and during the time it operated, Charlie helped produce several players who went on to represent Scotland at schoolboy level.
- Head of Football Development (Moorland Football Academy)
- Director and Owner of Matrix Soccer Academy
- UEFA Youth Licence Coach
- Previous coaching roles at Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers and AJAX of Amsterdam
- Previous Scottish FA Regional Elite Performance Head Coach
- Current Manchester City FC Development Centre Head Coach
- Coached in countries such as England, Scotland, Dubai, Qatar, Hong Kong, Cyprus & USA
Head of BTEC Sport
Martin has extensive experience of playing and coaching elite level football both in the UK and overseas. Trained as a goalkeeper, Martin played professionally for Tranmere Rovers FC for 5 years before continuing his career in the United States for a further 2 years.
He then moved into coaching initially in the US working as the Director of Coaching for one of the most prestigious and largest youth soccer clubs in the country. He returned to the UK and continued coaching young players at several professional academies in the UK, before taking on the role at Moorland since 2016, helping to establish the schools BTEC programs.
- Head of BTEC Sport at Moorland School
- UEFA B Licensed Coach
- Previous Academy Coach in the UK
- Former Director of Coaching at Evolution Football Club (USA)
- Former Professional Goalkeeper at Tranmere Rovers FC
- Coached in a variety of countries including; England, USA, Cyprus, Scotland and Dubai.
Blackburn Rovers FC Pre Academy Manager & Head of BTEC Course Tutor
Daniel has previous history of playing youth and reserve team football at Academy level for Blackburn Rovers FC and Preston North End FC over a period of 10 years. Besides his role in the BTEC programme at Moorland, Daniel has been playing an integral role in the development of young players are Blackburn Rovers FC’s Category 1 Academy. He initially spent over 5 years coaching within the football clubs Foundation Phase U9-U12 age groups which involved the planning and delivery of training sessions and matches in line with the category 1 club player development programme. He is now employed as the Club’s Pre-Academy Manager overseeing the player development programme of the U6-U8 aged players.
- Sports Tutor on School BTEC Programme
- UEFA A Licensed Coach
- FA Youth Modules 1,2,3
- Former Apprentice Footballer for Preston North End FC
- Current Pre-Academy Manager & Coach at Blackburn Rovers FC
Head of Goalkeeping Development
Giulio is a key component of the Moorland Football Academy and has been since 2014. Giulio has the responsibility of keeping our young goalkeepers on their toes and ready for the demands of competitive football. Giulio is currently working with the most talented batch of goalkeeping talent that the Moorland Football Academy has ever produced. Giulio has a growing reputation for developing young goalkeepers and helping them to achieve their true potential. Giulio expects and demands the highest of standards in terms of attitude, application and approach to all sessions. The sessions are innovative and push the boundaries of each of our young keepers. Giulio is now well-known for making sure our goalkeepers are taken from their comfort zones to improve daily. Goalkeeping is a critical and unique position within the game of football; Giulio makes sure that our keepers are ready for this challenge both physically and mentally. Coach Romano has played an integral role in helping some of our young goalkeepers develop to such a level that they have achieved trials with clubs such as Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Burnley and Accrington Stanley respectively. Giulio’s ground-breaking drills and coaching, along with his wonderful Italian charm and personality, are now mainstays of the Moorland Football Academy setup.
- Lead Goalkeeper Development Coach (Moorland Football Academy)
- UEFA B Licensed Goalkeeping Coach
- Played for the Massa Lubrense Academy (Italy)
- Graduated with a Degree in Sports Science from the Parthenope University
- Current Manchester City FC Development Centre Goalkeeping Coach at Moorland School
- Coached in countries such as England, Dubai, Hong Kong, Cyprus & USA
This is your time, this is your opportunity
Moorland Football News
Read more of latest news and goings on at Moorland Football Academy