Mr John and Mrs Janet Harrison
Mr and Mrs Harrison successfully ran Moorland School from 1988 to 2003 as Proprietary Headteachers. Their son Mr Jonathan Harrison took back control of the operational management of the school from Mr Smith in January 2010.
Under Jonathan Harrison’s leadership and management, the school has flourished, and proudly now offers Sixth Form education, internationally renowned ballet and football academies, and partnerships including those with the Scottish FA, Manchester City FC and Blackburn Rovers FC.
Mr and Mrs Harrison continue to offer their guidance, lending support and advice within their capacity as Executive Advisors. Mr Jonathan Harrison is the Proprietor of the School and he can be contacted via the School Office both in and outside of term, as can the Executive Advisors.
The Executive Advisors bring to governance their considerable experience of managing schools.Independent Schools Inspectorate
Under our son’s management, Moorland continues to offer a strong traditional sense of family values, which are underpinned by decency and respect, and this creates, nurtures and manages our reputation of providing a happy, caring and confident learning environment where all can achieve in confidence to their full academic and social potentials.Mr & Mrs Harrison
Our MissionTo bring together the regions strongest team of highly qualified, caring, competent and dedicated professionals in the assurance of academic, footballing and dance excellence
The Advisory Board was formed in October 2017 and comprises of both past and present parents with members having a vast and varied range of experience and qualifications.
The Advisory Board meet a minimum of once a term and was formed to give the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team the benefit of their skills, experience and wisdom when dealing with safeguarding, operational policy and strategic direction.
The Advisory Board members include:
- Mr Robin Bower, Partner in a local legal firm
- Mr Martin Molyneux, Senior Director of his own chain of pharmaceutical companies
- Mr Brett Burby, Director of his own electrical mechanical engineering company
- Mrs Catherine Marhraoui, a restaurant owner
- Mr Theo Viljoen, an Entrepreneur and Director of an investment company
(Please note that both Mr Robin Bower and Mr Martin Molyneux sit on the Complaints Panel, along with one nominated independent body. Please refer to our Complaints Policy within this section of our website).
The Advisory Board can be independently contacted via their dedicated email address: email@example.com
To be recognised as a world-class educational, footballing and ballet international day and boarding school
- Caring is our passion
- Nurturing of respectful decent young minds
- To be tolerant, warm and accepting of all faiths and cultures
- To actively encourage warmth, truth, honesty and integrity
- Building upon academic, social and emotional confidences
- Celebrating successes whilst supporting weaknesses
- To differentiate fully to meet all SEND needs
- Driving excellence through endeavour
- Senior Leadership to listen, reflect and improve upon feedback
- Delivering on our promises