Moorland Nursery School is in central Clitheroe, within the heart of the picturesque Ribble Valley, Lancashire.
The grounds of Moorlands are an outstandingly stunning site hosting more than 15 acres of natural beauty. We benefit from an exclusive tree lined approach road, private parking and the upmost safety and security measures.
We are truly spoilt by our timeless landscape of forests, rivers, rolling hills and countryside, not forgetting our view of the prestigious Clitheroe Castle. Our Nursery learning environment is one of calming, nurturing and tranquillity, undoubtedly influenced by our natural surroundings.
To strive for outstanding practice in all that we do. Ensuring a safe, nurturing and enriched environment, where all children enjoy a love of learning through play.
Ensuring every child receives the very best head start in their life-long journey of learning, achieving their true social, emotional and academic potential.
We couldn’t be happier with Moorland Nursery! The staff are brilliant and our little boy loves it! he is happy and settled and coming on leaps and bounds in their fantastic care!Amy Naylor-Frizzell
To Nurture and Support to Progress
We will NURTURE every child to:
- Ensure they feel loved and cherished amongst their staff team and friendship groups.
- Ensure they feel safe and protected whilst within our care.
- Ensure they feel a sense of belonging and a valued member of our Nursery family.
- Give them the confidence needed to travel on their own personal journey of learning and development.
We will SUPPORT every child to:
- Make Nursery friendships and understand the values of being a good person.
- Overcome any barriers to their learning.
- Flourish by means of praise, positivity and encouragement.
- Take the risks necessary to conquer new skills.
- Become responsible for their own learning.
We will PROGRESS every child to:
- Achieve their next level, socially, emotionally and academically throughout each stage of their development.
- Develop a life-long love of learning, whether that may be indoors or out, creatively or physically, practically or academically.
- Be ‘School Ready’ by the time the start Reception Class.
- Ensure they achieve their full potential during their early years.
Our Dedicated Staff Team
The staff team within Moorland Nursery are not only highly trained within all aspects of children’s learning and development, they also hold a wealth of experience. A number of staff members have cared for and educated the babies and children that have passed through our doors for over 12 years.
We pride ourselves upon employing 50% of our staff team who hold a qualification above that of the recognised Level 3 benchmark. We also currently employ two Early Years Teachers and one qualified Primary School Teacher within our Early Years setting which in turn, supports the whole staff team in reviewing and moderating the outcomes for all children to ensure every child makes excellent progress and are ready to confidently embark onto the next transition in their Nursery life and eventually, their journey into school life.
We set extremely high standards and expectations for the completion of continuous professional development for all staff members.
Every staff member completes a minimum of 15 training courses each year to further enhance their knowledge, understanding and skill set to continually benefit the children within our care. Staff training is specific to the needs of the children of whom the staff work with, for example, our Baby Unit Staff Team are highly trained in all matters of development in relation to babies aged 0-2 years old.
Typical training will include ‘Developing Early Language,’ However, the team working with 2 to 3 years old will complete courses such as ‘It’s terrific being two!’ We are extremely proud to maintain our personal commitment of every staff member within Moorland Nursery School holding a full and valid level 3 Paediatric First Aid Certificate to ensure every child within our care is in the safest of hands. As we are always striving, Moorland Nursery School achieved and maintained the prestigious Lancashire Quality Award in 2014 to 2017 and again, are working towards obtaining this accreditation to ensure we are ahead of all development matters within the Early Years sector. It is without a doubt that the team of Moorland Nursery School are fully prepared to provide a safe and secure learning environment that is richly resourced, interesting and challenging and will support and develop each and every child along their own unique path of learning.