A warm welcome to our school. Here at Moorland, our ethos is to create an atmosphere that feels like family. Within this personal, warm, and nurturing environment, all our children and young people can achieve their true academic and social potential.
My job is a simple one: I am an extension of your family. My responsibility is to ensure that your children are happy, well-educated, confident, and socially-prepared for the demands of adult life. Both I and my team work in partnership with you, to achieve the very best holistic and educational outcomes for our children.
At Moorland, we see our students as family. We actively encourage warmth and respect for others, celebrate success and support all differences. Our core values are underpinned by a traditional education. Every child is unique and it is our belief that this is reflected in their learning journey. This vision and endeavour leads to all students leaving Moorland confident, happy and well-equipped for adulthood.
To ensure that every child achieves their true academic, social and emotional potential within a secure and happy family environment.
To bring together the region’s strongest team of highly-qualified, caring and dedicated teaching professionals, who work with our children to ensure excellence and achievement across the fields of education, dance, football and sport.
• To ensure that every child feels equal, valued and respected.
• To nurture and protect children’s self-belief, confidence and happiness.
• To encourage and support every child’s individual academic journey.
• To enable every child to actively seek and develop new interests and opportunities.
• To build resilience, tolerance and character whilst instilling a warm sense of humour.
• To socially, emotionally and academically prepare all children in readiness for their next step into adult life.
Non-selective and academically successful, at Moorland we have an expansive history of educating successful students and athletes, using a tried and tested method of dedicated education and considered care.
Nestled in the heart of the Ribble Valley, our school is surrounded by areas of incredible natural beauty, as well as being integrated into the bustling local community. Our school is also easily accessible from all the North West’s hub cities.